9-23-19 Volume Upper Body & Challenge Workout #10
We are on the last week of the challenge workouts! You've made it this far so don't let anything get in the way of finishing!
3 rounds of:
- 10 Banded shoulder punches (each side)
- 10 banded "Y"
- 10 tornado's
- Bamboo bar Bench press 5x6 *on your 5th set do an AMRAP
Option 2) for those with limited equipment
- bottoms up KB Bench press 5x6 *on your 5th set do an AMRAP
*regular dumbbells can be used the same as the kb. just hold the db on the bottom head to do your presses. It will feel unstable, which is the focus of today's work.
Pre Challenge Workout Warmup
- Single arm DB clean & press 4x6 *start light and increase to your working weight
- Stone to shoulder 3x3 *find the weight you're going to use in your workout
CHALLENGE WORKOUT #10
complete 4 rounds of the following:
- 40 secs bottoms up KB holds #20lbs
- 40 secs single arm (right) DB clean & press #45lbs
- 40 secs single arm (left) DB clean & press #45lbs
- 40 secs Stone to shoulder #65lbs
*allow 10secs "rest" or transition time to each movement - rest 40secs between rounds
Log weights used and your reps for DB cp & stone to shoulder
bottoms up KB holds: these are great for shoulder stabilization but can get tough. Pick a weight that allows you to keep your elbows at shoulder height. As you get tired they will slowly drop... keep coaching yourself to bring them back up.
single arm DB press: Each rep the DB needs to drop below the hips or touch the floor. 45lbs is only a recommended weight, choose one you can keep moving for 40 secs
stone to shoulder: pick up a stone to shoulder (any side) and release one arm to finish the movement.
if you don't have a heavy stone, substitute with a heavy sandbag. Clean the sandbag to the shoulder and release one arm.
Don't have a stone or a sandbag? Use a heavy plate and substitute with plate ground to overheads or.... get creative and find a medium rock on your property ;))) I've done that before!
Leave a comment