I hope you enjoyed the rest and ready to get back to work! We’lll be training in 3 week cycles with a 1 week deload. Our next competition/ Max testing will be Feb 11th. REMEMBER your mindset is everything. If you want a bigger total, you have to put the work in. It’s earned!
Note regarding equipment: Our programming includes sled drags. If you don’t have access to a sled, try to make plans to get one. We can provide substitutions but they are not as good as getting a sled workout.
Additionally, our programming is heavy on back work and requires at least one of the following: GHD, reverse hyper, or 45 back raise. If you don’t have access to either of these, you’ll need to get creative for alternatives.
“2nd workouts” You will notice that a 2nd workout will be listed on some days. These can be done later in the day if time or fatigue becomes an issue.
take 10-15 mins to warm up glutes, hamstrings, back and abs
- 15 banded glute kick backs (each side)
- 15 sit ups
- 15 GHD, back extension or reverse hyper
- 15 jumping lunges
Speed work for squats & deads. Add chains or bands to deadlifts, only if it moves fast. Remember, though, that your goal is to move the weight quickly. If your bar speed starts to slow, you’re going too heavy, Lower weight if you need. Definitely do not “grind out” any reps on a speed day!
- Box squats 12x2x50% + 25% band tension or chains
If you're unable to keep speed, lower bar weight percentage
- Deadlifts 6x3x65% opposite style (sumo if your conventional - conventional if you pull sumo) *add chains or bands if it feels light. Must still move with speed
- back extension 5x8 holding heavy plate
- banded hamstring curls 2x100
can be done later in the day
5 rounds of:
- 1 trip sled drag
- 10-12 reverse hyper - moderate
- 30 abs of choice