- Close grip Bench 3x1
Work up to 3 heavy singles or find a new max. The goal is not to find failure, but to grind. Once you find a weight that makes you grind, you can do that same weight again to have 3 heavy singles.
- Wide grip Bench to 2 blocks 3x6x65-75% of your wide grip 1RM
- Bamboo bar overhead complex 3x(3 presses + 1 (40) sec overhead hold)
If you don't have access to a bamboo bar, substitute with 3x30-40secs bottoms up Kb hold
For auxiliary work the goal of this is to fatigue the muscle fibers. Take a warm up set if you need to pre fatigue and/or find the right working weight. Also another way to "fatigue" is to keep rest low between movements and sets.
- Barbell overhead tricep extensions 3x10
- Banded tricep pulldowns 3x20
- 5 rounds with little or no rest of:
- 20 barbell pushups
- 10 landmine rows