1-21-20 Upper body focus conditioning
3 rounds of:
- 10 scap push up
- 10 banded reverse fly
- 10 tornado's (5 each direction
- Bamboo bar shoulder press 5x6 *on your 5th set do an AMRAP
*for those with limited equipment
- use a regular bar and attach mini bands with weights *on your 5th set do an AMRAP
- if you don't have mini bands sub with straight shoulder presses 5x6
complete 4 rounds of the following:
- 40 secs banded overhead tricep extensions
- 40 secs single arm (right) DB clean & press #45lbs
- 40 secs single arm (left) DB clean & press #45lbs
- 40 secs Stone to shoulder #65lbs
*allow 10secs "rest" or transition time to each movement - rest 40secs between rounds
banded overhead tricep extension: these are great for triceps. Attach a light band to a heavy dumbbell on the ground and sit on a box with band behind you. Another alternative is to attach the band above you and extend it.
single arm DB press: Each rep the DB needs to drop below the hips or touch the floor. 45lbs is only a recommended weight, choose one you can keep moving for 40 secs
stone to shoulder: pick up a stone to shoulder (any side) and release one arm to finish the movement.
if you don't have a heavy stone, substitute with a heavy sandbag. Clean the sandbag to the shoulder.
Don't have a stone or a sandbag? Use a heavy plate and substitute with plate ground to overheads or.... get creative and find a medium rock on your property ;))) I've done that before!
Leave a comment