WEEK 3 OF 3 WEEK CYCLE- next week we start back at 40% and change bars.
I know these different weeks may seem confusing but think of max effort on it's own cycle, volume lower on its own cycle and volume upper on it's own cycle
- 7x3 BENCH PRESS WITH STRAIGHT BAR @50% AGAINST BANDS
2 Sets Close Grip
2 Sets Middle Grip
3 Sets Normal Grip
- Bench Press Straight Weight Top Set: 1 Set, Close Grip Bench Press, 8 Reps increasing 5 pounds from the week before. If you are just starting, start with around 75% of your max. If you get to a week where you fail on this set, change your grip and rep scheme (choose from 8 reps, 5 reps, or 3 reps) and decrease your initial starting weight by about 10% of what you failed at. **FOR EXAMPLE: If you come to a week where you fail, making only 6 of your 8 reps at 225 lbs. close grip, the following week switch your grip to medium grip for 5 reps and lower your starting weight to 205. Follow this procedure for when you fail at 5 reps by going to 3 reps at wide grip.
RITA, DIANE, CASEY- skip this
- 4x8 STRICT BARBELL OVERHEAD PRESS AGAINST SINGLED MICRO MINI OR MINI BANDS - IN 3-4 TOTAL SETS, BUILD TO HEAVY 8 REPS
- 4x8 T-BAR ROW
- 4x10 BARBELL SWEATT SHRUG
- 3x10 SSB (OR STRAIGHT BAR) JM PRESS
- 3x20 HEAVY CABLE TRICEP PUSHDOWNS