10-2-21 SATURDAY upper body
- Bench press 5x5x55% + 25% bands or chains
- Bench Press Straight Weight Top Set: 2 Sets, Close Grip Bench Press, 8 Reps increasing 5 pounds from the week before. If you are just starting, start with around 75% of your max. If you get to a week where you fail on this set, change your grip and rep scheme (choose from 8 reps, 5 reps, or 3 reps) and decrease your initial starting weight by about 10% of what you failed at. **FOR EXAMPLE: If you come to a week where you fail, making only 6 of your 8 reps at 225 lbs. close grip, the following week switch your grip to medium grip for 5 reps and lower your starting weight to 205. Follow this procedure for when you fail at 5 reps by going to 3 reps at wide grip.
- Incline DB press 3x"max reps"
- Wide grip pull up 3x6
- EZ CURL BARBELL SKULL CRUSHERS AGAINST MINI OR MONSTER MINI BAND (RUN BAND UNDER BENCH AND ONTO EACH END OF BAR) 3x12
- Heavy cable tricep push downs 3x20
- Finish with 5 sets:
20 banded reverse fly
20 shoulder press